Connecticut Summer at the Museum 2022 – Free Admission for Kids
From July 1 to September 5, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program. Before you visit, check each participant’s website for specific program details and ticket availability.
Many of the museums and attractions have re-opened, but have restricted or temporarily canceled library pass usage due to social distancing protocols and new ways of ticketing. Please check with the venue to find out their admission guidelines and pass acceptance before your visit.
Please email or call the Reference Desk: 203-389-3434 for pass availability. You must have a valid library card to check out a pass.
Passes are currently available for the following places:
- The Children’s Museum in West Hartford & Roaring Brook Nature Center
- Connecticut DEEP State Parks (Dinosaur State Park, Gillette Castle, Fort Trumbull)
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo (this pass cannot be reserved, please call the library at 203-389-3434 for availability)
- Connecticut’s Old State House
- Florence Griswold Museum
- Mystic Seaport
- New Britain Museum of American Art
- New England Air Museum
- New Haven Museum
- Sacred Heart University Discovery Science Center and Planetarium
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art